River & Creek Prospectors of Australia
River & Creek Prospectors of Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Group for Seasoned and Trustworthy Prospectors whom work the Rivers and Creeks of Australia

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Banjo

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

New Banjo - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banjo   New Banjo - Page 5 EmptySun 15 May 2016, 7:01 pm

beers James
Back to top Go down
findthecolor
Gold Whisperer

New Banjo - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Matting   New Banjo - Page 5 EmptySun 15 May 2016, 7:13 pm

Nice post and some awesome tips. James what matting do you like then to get rid of the black sand and keep the gold.
Back to top Go down

New Banjo - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banjo   New Banjo - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 May 2016, 8:10 am

I use a modified rubber floor mate which kind of works in the same manner as the new vortex riffle mate they have out now. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
findthecolor
Gold Whisperer

New Banjo - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: ok   New Banjo - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 May 2016, 8:49 am

Ok cool mate.
Back to top Go down

New Banjo - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banjo   New Banjo - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 May 2016, 1:04 pm

G'day James, just had a couple of questions, In one post you said the gold tray was a bit of a let down, in what way was that? should I be thinking the lip out of the tray is like a rifle? 2nd was the deflection lip and how tall that should be or is the angle more important? 3rd was the water break, is that totally necessary or could you use a brush type to keep the bubbles down?4th in you mini vids of the beast running you had a secondary sluice attached and I was wondering if I should get a secondary one as well with the same riffle set up or try something different in the bottom sluice?Thanks for all the help you have been giving on your build and if you do go to Tuena at the end of June you will have to tell me what type of beer you drink so I can grab you a case. Thanks again for all your help beers
Back to top Go down

New Banjo - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banjo   New Banjo - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 May 2016, 1:44 pm

smaug wrote:
G'day James, just had a couple of questions, In one post you said the gold tray was a bit of a let down, in what way was that? I changed size and shap but it did not work that good should I be thinking the lip out of the tray is like a rifle? Yep 2nd was the deflection lip and how tall that should be or is the angle more important? Nope 3rd was the water break, is that totally necessary or could you use a brush type to keep the bubbles down? I used the Banjo banker for years without it and they worked fine 4th in you mini vids of the beast running you had a secondary sluice attached and I was wondering if I should get a secondary one as well with the same riffle set up or try something different in the bottom sluice? Nar i was only seeing if the unit was losing gold Thanks for all the help you have been giving on your build and if you do go to Tuena at the end of June you will have to tell me what type of beer you drink so I can grab you a case. Thanks again for all your help beers

Mate if you wish get some 2mm aluminum take a drive down to QBN we will cut and press the unit for you so all you will have to do is pop rivet tougher when you get home just a thought. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
findthecolor
Gold Whisperer

New Banjo - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Meant to ask   New Banjo - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 May 2016, 2:00 pm

Hi James, meant to ask earlier while we were talking, how did the gold box work in your last trip?
Back to top Go down

New Banjo - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banjo   New Banjo - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 May 2016, 2:22 pm

That might work out ok, be better thank having one built I'll have to borrow a car but I'll see how i'm travelling thumbs up beers
Back to top Go down

New Banjo - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banjo   New Banjo - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 May 2016, 4:25 pm

Cheers mate give me a bit of notice first. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Banjo - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banjo   New Banjo - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Banjo
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum