River & Creek Prospectors of Australia
River & Creek Prospectors of Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Group for Seasoned and Trustworthy Prospectors whom work the Rivers and Creeks of Australia

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ray's Videos

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyWed 04 May 2016, 3:27 pm

This section is for Ray to post his Videos i just watched his latest and it is worth a look indeed. He is a gamer man than me that is for sure. cheers James

Ray.
This was a fun day out on the creek is always peacefull but it really never has produced much gold :(

Last edited by James on Wed 04 May 2016, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyWed 04 May 2016, 3:31 pm

I just pasted Rays video into this line of post. James

Well UI guess Ill try and post the latest video Ive made I do have a bunch  and Im not really sure what to post in what order  but this was 2 weekends ago enjoy

I have a huge gold Hog flag that Ive been trying to send all over the world and it has been to 2 spots in Australia and one spot in New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016, 10:37 am

Once again Ray has done it!

Just so no one gets lost - here is some background to the video:

4 July is our Independence Day holiday and this is a video which the Gold Hog folks reworked a little from the other day. It's a promotional video now, for the multisluice.  

The "Hydro Force Nozzle" uses a built in water supply valve to bring pumped water to a dry hole (in this case in beach sand) and then uses more water pressure to suction dredge material from the now wet hole to the highbanker.  The references to "Talon, UR, Bedrock" etc are for specific Gold Hog mat styles which have been used in the various sluices while the "Multi Sluice" is a finishing mini sluice made by Gold Hog

Gold Hog mats need a lot of water and a lot of flow - so comparing the water dynamics to other sluice box styles just doesn't work.

Last edited by ALASKA JOE on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016, 3:29 pm

Top video mate thanks for posting. thumbs up
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016, 10:02 pm

great video if only we could do that at ford
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016, 10:11 pm

Banksy wrote:
great video if only we could do that at ford

Oh I wish, however "land dredging" is not allowed but it would be great if we could Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes , personally I see nothing wrong with it but rules are rules.
Back to top Go down
rayzer13
Prospector
rayzer13

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Gold Hog Multi sluice   Ray's Videos EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016, 1:06 am

Well guys the other day was really bad weather so I put together  a compilation of some of my best gold runs enjoy
Back to top Go down
rayzer13
Prospector
rayzer13

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: The very next day   Ray's Videos EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016, 1:09 am

After I spent all day moping around on the computer a friend called me up and asked me to do a final panning on his gold , it took about 3 hours to pan down almost 4 ounces of gold Cool
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016, 1:15 am

cheers very very very nice mate thanks for posting. love your videos mate:thumbs up: thumbs up

Last edited by James on Thu 18 Aug 2016, 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : big fingers little keyboard)
Back to top Go down
mdv
Gold Prospector
mdv

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016, 9:18 am

Great vids; awesome gold. thumbs up
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016, 7:59 am

NOT to take away any of Ray's well deserved thunder - but - he just put another of Marcello's cleanups, from Juneau, Alaska, on UTube and I thought everyone might like to see it.   bounce bounce bounce

My Oh MY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRtOw6nTrUk

4 clean outs from Marcello's beach operation and it is yet another cause for grinning.

Enjoy!

Joe
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptySun 16 Oct 2016, 1:06 pm

Ray asked that I post this for him - he is rather (!) busy right now.

Just put up last night - not as much Gold as usual - but then again always interesting:

Joe  

Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptySun 16 Oct 2016, 1:17 pm

Thanks mate. thumbs up
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptySun 16 Oct 2016, 1:47 pm

haha love this video, I wonder how the gold hog mats would go at oallan
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptySun 16 Oct 2016, 2:01 pm

Thanks Joe/Ray, It would seem that Ray is enthusiastic about Gold Hog mats as I am, I use mine only where the gold tends to be between 50 and 100 mesh such as Oallen, Other places where the gold is larger I tend to use Moss/expanded mesh. Great video and shows how to successfully capture that micron gold.

If I ever get back to Juneau I will have to look Ray up.

Cheers

Barry
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Ray on Pump Maintenance - Salt Water Extreme - Juneau, Alaska   Ray's Videos EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017, 3:46 pm

There is one thing about Ray - he never stops! Winter in Alaska means that it is maintenance time - and salty ocean water and Aluminum make their own troubles.

Even fresh water will eventually chew up Aluminum pumps - so here are a few tips from Ray posted Sunday, 22 January, 2017.

Joe

Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Panning Bought Concentrates from Gold Hog - Boxing Day 2016   Ray's Videos EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017, 3:54 pm

In the beginning of heavy duty winter Ray is at it again! Gold and gems from Georgia in our southern East Coast region.

Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017, 10:12 pm

Just a quick warning lithum grease is carcenegenic. It will pass through the skin of your hands. Also injestion is an issue. The reason I know is that a stupid boss that I had developed the SPA CLEAN toothbrush cleaner and he used lithum grease on all the prototypes, I read the warning on the tube and immediately informed him, to which he replied "I have been using it for about a year with no problems" the grease was used for a valve to turn the water flow off and on. I couldn't believe him when the units went into production he was planning on using the same grease.
bangdesk bangdesk bangdesk bangdesk bangdesk bangdesk bangdesk bangdesk bangdesk

Ken.
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017, 10:44 pm

A beach video with a tiny in stream sluice box

Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Ray Panning out Old Concentrates on His Birthday 28Feb17   Ray's Videos EmptyWed 01 Mar 2017, 5:07 pm

Ray has allowed me to re-post a couple of his videos while he is finishing a YEAR's voluntary unpaid work (in his off regular work time) on their new Masonic Lodge.  He hopes to be done with this project in a month or so and get back to mining (and videoing).  -  Joe

A few years ago my brother was up in Haines Alaska and scored a few sandwich baggies of concentrates from Porcupine Creek.  At the time, me and the gummer (goofball, silly bugger, etc) panned out a bunch of them but he had also given a couple bags to my boss ... well he never did anything with them and yesterday he gave them back to me and said have fun ... and I did enjoy  

And while at it I found another one you might like to see:

Back to top Go down
Outlander
Gold Whisperer
Outlander

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyThu 02 Mar 2017, 4:23 pm

I enjoyed those videos Joe, lots of good visuals on that panning video. Just shows that with great patience nothing is lost.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHUQkxZKPVQ

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyThu 02 Mar 2017, 6:48 pm

Almost 2 years ago Ray flew into Anchorage to attend a meeting for work.  He had contacted me ahead of time and I met him at a time and location in Anchorage.  After scratching our heads (no, we hadn't thought things out too well) we went to a mining supply store in Anchorage, found that there was a big sale going on, bought pans, snuffer bottles and classifiers and went panning.  In Anchorage, off the end of the International Airport's main runway, on the edge of the ocean, there is a gravel beach named Point Warenzoff and in that beach material I had heard that there was a trace of fine Gold.  We found a little and I sent it back with him as a memento.  Ray is a truly pleasant gent to spend time with!  aye aye

In the video where he rescues the 'sinking dredge' there are a few things to be aware of to better understand what you are seeing.  

The water is very cold.  Probably a few degrees above freezing.  That temperature will drain your energy very quickly while making your hands and any exposed flesh numb in seconds.

Ray is wearing either hip boots or chest high waders since he hadn't expected the high water.  It's hard to see which for sure.  If he had slipped into the water - and that is very easy to do - either would have filled completely with water in seconds and would have made moving around or just standing very, very difficult.  A very dangerous situation because if fully immersed in the stream water, the body heat would have rapidly been whisked away and hypothermia would have begun to be a very dangerous possibility or probability.   Evil or Very Mad

Also, but for the dredge having been well tied to that fallen dead tree, it would have been swept away long before Ray showed up.  The water pulling on the dredge creates a terrific force and the ropes, a 'ratchet strap' (a yellow cargo securing strap with the ability to tighten down a load - modified to pull in this case) as well as a 'come along' which uses a cable and a ratcheting handle and drum to manually winch heavy loads like, say, a Ute out of sand, gravel or snow.  Using just what he happened to have with him he did a remarkable job.  goodjob

I have to assume that the gent filming (with the 2 dogs) didn't have the boots to attempt helping Ray.  His remaining out of the water and acting as a 'safety man' was quick and sound thinking.  

The large leafed plants on the edge of the water and in front of the video camera are called "Devil's Club" and is a nasty plant.  The leaves, stems and trunk are covered with goodly sized, hollow, very sharp (and easy to break off in your hide) spikes.  They fester and hurt beyond all reason until carved or pulled somehow out from under your skin.  You don't (!!!) want to fall into a thicket of them as I have.  affraid thumbs down

This calm, studied and effective sort of reaction to an emergency situation is not, in the least, unusual in Alaska - we all do what needs to be done and often over achieve as Ray did.

Did you see him at the end - laughing and smiling?  That's exactly Ray.  cheers

Last edited by ALASKA JOE on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptySat 04 Mar 2017, 10:21 am

I wish i could get Ray over here with me man would we have fun. thumbs up
Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Ray's "Long Tom" Sluice   Ray's Videos EmptyMon 01 May 2017, 2:05 am

G'Day again, all,

Here is Ray testing his "Long Tom" style sluice box, using "Motherload" style
Gold Hog mat and other interesting beach things at the end of April, 2017  (early springtime in Alaska). 

Note the the 3 inch lay flat hose reel at the end.

Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos EmptyMon 01 May 2017, 3:19 pm

I really like watching Ray's video's thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ray's Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray's Videos   Ray's Videos Empty

Back to top Go down

Ray's Videos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum