River & Creek Prospectors of Australia
River & Creek Prospectors of Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Group for Seasoned and Trustworthy Prospectors whom work the Rivers and Creeks of Australia

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Home made tools

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: My Home made tools   My Home made tools EmptyMon 18 Jan 2016, 11:27 am

A few pics of my Highbanker , River sluice, the river sluice is actually the bed of the highbanker with added flare and classifying screen. The final design of the highbanker was achieved after about 6 versions, much experimentation but finally happy.

Cheers

Barry

My Home made tools Dsc_2113

My Home made tools Mk610
Back to top Go down

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Home made tools   My Home made tools EmptyMon 18 Jan 2016, 11:46 am

thumbs up looks cool mate well done. James
Back to top Go down
findthecolor
Gold Whisperer

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: Looks Good   My Home made tools EmptyTue 19 Jan 2016, 9:42 am

Looks good with that punch plate and all
Back to top Go down
Dr Duck
Gold Prospector
Dr Duck

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Home made tools   My Home made tools EmptyWed 20 Jan 2016, 10:05 pm

I can confirm how well Barry's high banker works. The pics don't show that the top section is straight expanded duralumin mesh with no carpet or miss underneath, only about a foot or less of it. The bottom section is bread crate over moss. The top section holds almost exclusively heavies and the gold. Less than 5 % or so of the gold is recovered from the moss.
Back to top Go down

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Home made tools   My Home made tools EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016, 7:59 am

Yes indeed you can tell it is good just by looking at the unit. I would say it can handle two men working it without any bother at all. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Dr Duck
Gold Prospector
Dr Duck

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Home made tools   My Home made tools EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016, 8:25 am

The duralumin mesh works very well, exchanging very efficiently. I'm after a bit to try in my high banker, which currently has riffles over expanded over carpet.
Back to top Go down

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Home made tools   My Home made tools EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016, 9:08 am

Back in the late 70's i helped a couple of American school teachers who came out here dredging, their dredge was fitted out in the same way and believe me it was a BIG dredge almost 3 feed wide and 20 feet long. They knew their stuff and showed me every thing i need to know about dredging. Can you pitcher a 4 liter paint tin full of gold man what a sight. And over the course of a year or so i am not talking one tin either. thumbs up The weight of the tins i will never forget that for as long as i live. cheers
Back to top Go down
pjg100
Prospector
pjg100

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Home made tools   My Home made tools EmptyWed 27 Apr 2016, 1:58 am

Dr Duck wrote:
The duralumin mesh works very well, exchanging very efficiently.  I'm after a bit to try in my high banker, which currently has riffles over expanded over carpet.  

Hey Chris I can accommodate you with the same mesh, it is the same as the one I gave Barry.

Peter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Duck
Gold Prospector
Dr Duck

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Home made tools   My Home made tools EmptyWed 27 Apr 2016, 8:12 am

Pete, that would be just great! I'd only need a foot of the stuff if you have it to spare.
Back to top Go down
findthecolor
Gold Whisperer

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: pardon   My Home made tools EmptyWed 27 Apr 2016, 9:15 am

Pardon my ignorance but what is duralium mesh?
Back to top Go down

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Home made tools   My Home made tools EmptyTue 05 Jul 2016, 11:14 pm

findthecolor wrote:
Pardon my ignorance but what is duralium mesh?

Duralium is a type of aluminium typically originally used in the aircraft industry, it is harder than commercial grades of aluminium and usually has a designation like 24srtx, xx75, x7 and heaps of others each having different properties. The changes from standard commercial grades are able to be acheived by altering the alloy for each grade and then the material is heat treated to obtain the properties that are required for that particular grade. Ken.
Back to top Go down
bazxa
Prospector

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Home made tools   My Home made tools EmptyWed 06 Jul 2016, 7:28 am

Looks like a great unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Home made tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Home made tools   My Home made tools Empty

Back to top Go down

My Home made tools
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
River & Creek Prospectors of Australia :: Tools-
Jump to: