River & Creek Prospectors of Australia
River & Creek Prospectors of Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Group for Seasoned and Trustworthy Prospectors whom work the Rivers and Creeks of Australia

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

River/ Creek levels?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

River/ Creek levels? Empty
PostSubject: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyFri 08 Jul 2016, 4:49 pm

Hey guys, with all this rain around was wondering if Bazza or Dr Duck (or anyone) could post links to the weather sites and river/creek height graphs that you have posted before for around Tuena and Oallen. Thanks for any info.

Cracka.
Back to top Go down
bazxa
Prospector

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyFri 08 Jul 2016, 6:02 pm

Have this on hand, the rest will be there too.
http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDN60234/IDN60234.068232.plt.shtml
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyFri 08 Jul 2016, 6:13 pm

Tuena Rainfall - although it is not always accurate, this property is just past the peelwood road bridge across Tuena creek.

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/weatherData/av?p_nccObsCode=136&p_display_type=dailyDataFile&p_startYear=&p_c=&p_stn_num=063271

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyFri 08 Jul 2016, 6:17 pm

Last edited by bazza2210 on Fri 08 Jul 2016, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong terminology)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyFri 08 Jul 2016, 8:50 pm

The shoalhaven is up crossed it today at Warri on my way to Majors Creek. thumbs up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyFri 08 Jul 2016, 10:58 pm

Thanks , That's just what i was looking for. Maybe a sticky or section for this link info for different areas?

Cracka.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptySat 09 Jul 2016, 8:37 am

Good idea. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Greglz86
Gold Whisperer
Greglz86

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptySat 30 Jul 2016, 1:23 pm

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/

Thought id leave this here so people can get a rough idea about whats happening around the state. When going to oallen i like to be weary of what the weather is doing around the mongarlow area. It doesn't have to be a rainy day at oallen for the river to go up rapidly.
Found this out the hard way once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptySat 30 Jul 2016, 1:38 pm

I was looking at the oallen ford photo's a while ago when it was in flood and I thought "think i'd better get a bigger snorkle" Ken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptySat 30 Jul 2016, 2:57 pm

Yes I agree that the Mongarlowe River flows can be a real  trap, There is no river height gauge that is directly accessible on the BOM website - except I found this -  if you select river conditions and hover your mouse on this screen just to the east of Braidwood there is some info re river height and likewise selecting 24 hour rainfall will give you some rainfall info. I stumbled on this recently - hope it helps.

Cheers

Barry

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/southcoast.shtml

River/ Creek levels? River_10

River/ Creek levels? Rainfa10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptySat 30 Jul 2016, 4:06 pm

This is a top line of post thanks guy's. thumbs up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptySun 31 Jul 2016, 9:25 am

Thanks Bazza, Great links. thumbs up

Cracka.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyThu 04 Aug 2016, 11:28 am

Just a link to reedy creek levels on the 2/8/2016 plenty of movement there.

https://www.facebook.com/indigorealestateaustralia/videos/vb.295230393960780/663878180429331/?type=2&theater

Enjoy. Ken.
Back to top Go down
Greglz86
Gold Whisperer
Greglz86

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptySat 24 Sep 2016, 9:29 pm

Hey guys. I know its late but does anyone have any idea how the tuena creek is looking at the moment?
Is it crossable?
I may not even go there yet. Ive loaded up the car and ready to head out in the morning. Ill decide where i go when i sit in the drivers seat lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptySun 25 Sep 2016, 9:03 pm

sent you a pic of the xing at tuena mate water level are up over 2m
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016, 7:51 am

Hey Banksy, Can i get a look at that pic also? Might be out that way this weekend. Thanks.

Cracka.
Back to top Go down
Greglz86
Gold Whisperer
Greglz86

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016, 12:13 pm

Hey cracka. Heres the pic that steve sent me. However this is from a person thats friend with that fella that lives on the caravan park.
After discussing it with steve we seem to think the pic is from a month ago when the water went very high.

River/ Creek levels? Fb_img10

Back to top Go down
Greglz86
Gold Whisperer
Greglz86

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016, 12:16 pm

Want a confirmation on the level maybe give the shop a ring.
I didn't the other day because it was already late when i decided i wanted to go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016, 12:47 pm

That was my thoughts also, until I saw this.
River/ Creek levels? Untitl10

That's the second highest rainfall this year (54mm was the only higher last month). So maybe it was recent.
Heres the link (Thanks Bazza).
http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/weatherData/av?p_nccObsCode=136&p_display_type=dailyDataFile&p_startYear=&p_c=&p_stn_num=063271

Cracka.
Back to top Go down
Greglz86
Gold Whisperer
Greglz86

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016, 3:56 pm

Thats a lot of rainfall for a day. Take ya boat Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptyWed 05 Oct 2016, 1:07 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? EmptySat 25 Mar 2017, 11:33 am

I often look at this site (Grove Creek) which is near Abercrombie caves south of trunkey for weather info in that area

http://www.gco.org.au/weather/weather.html

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: River/ Creek levels?   River/ Creek levels? Empty

Back to top Go down

River/ Creek levels?
Page 1 of 1